Word Cookie

Monday, September 11, 2006

Perfect Founders



Hi. So there's an elephant in the room. Don't worry. I see it.

Yes, I realize my last post was kind if insane, and that there's been a long gap since. But I can explain! Beyond toiling away on the next and most perfect blog post ever written (yes...sure), I have been busy with a project. I wanted to enter the Third Coast Audio Festival's 99 Ways to Tell a Story competition, and I've been slaving away. But now my entry is done and I'm here to share it with the world. Or just the small sliver of the world that reads this blog, a.k.a. my pals.

Basically, 99 Ways wanted to see how many different stories could be told using the same specific criteria: it had to start with "To begin with, they never got along," contain the following sounds: a pre-recorded voice, a rhythmic noice, and an exclamation, and it had to be in an obvious production style like noir or from the perspective of a dog. The rest was open for interpretation.



My idea was to retell the duel between Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr as a classic TV sitcom. (Thank you AGAIN, Full House!) With the great help of the vocal talents of Jon Bernstein and Ruwan Welaratna, and music by Jon Bernstein and Deepthi Welaratna, I finished the piece. Here is it's home on the Third Coast website for your listening pleasure. I hope you enjoy it! Perfect Founders #64



1 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

Thanks! Jon channelled the strangely effeminate cartoon panther Snagglepuss for Hamilton. It was an inspired choice, I thought...

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home